We are looking forward to your being at ENCORE Dancesport Competition. In order to make the competition run as smoothly as possible we are asking you to cooperate with us in the following ways:
1. Please make sure that you have completed your entry forms, a participant order form for each person attending, and a studio accounting summary and return those to us by our closing date of August 20th, 2020. Please note that a $100 late fee per person will be charged after the deadline.
2. Shortly after we receive your information, we will send you an invoice/confirmation. Please check this closely for spelling, correct entries, and correct charges and let us know immediately if we need to make any changes. Please be advised that at the competition, we may not have the time to make changes or take additional entries.
3. Hotel accommodations must be made through the Organizers to receive the special rate. Make reservations by sending rooming list and summary sheet to the Organizers by the deadline. All participants will be responsible for personal room charges. Hotel assignments are based on packages and date of order. We do hold a Limited Room Block, any room request after August 20th, 2020 will be on “as available” rooms only.
4. Upon arrival at the hotel, one representative from the studio should come to the registration desk and pick up the packages for his studio. OUTSTANDING BALANCES MUST BE PAID BEFORE PACKAGES CAN BE RELEASED. At the registration desk we will accept CASH ONLY. Each participant will be given a heat list showing what heat and at what time he/she is dancing. Please be advised that the time listed is approximate and subject to change. Each competitor should be present in the ballroom at least 30 minutes prior to his/her scheduled dance time. When you receive your heat sheet, please check and make sure your dances, levels, and ages are correct. We need to be made aware of any mistakes as soon as possible.
5. Competitor numbers can be picked up from the registration desk. If you are a professional dancer or an amateur couple, you must have proof of your registration with the National Dance Council.
6. Please note the address and contact information listed below.
ENCORE PO Box 1674 Sarasota FL 34230-1674 USA Phone Number: 941 704 7613 FAX: 941 556 9077 E-mail:
SYLLABUS: Material used in closed competition should be based on the current NDCA, Fred Astaire, Arthur Murray, or equivalent American step list and the ISTD syllabus for International style. Open divisions are not material restricted.
SCHOLARSHIPS: All students who enter any of the scholarships must dance a minimum of 10 dances in single dance events. SOLOS/SHOWCASES are limited to 3 minutes. Music must be on an individual CD. ADJUDICATING: You have the option of being judged Contested or Uncontested. Contested entries: Are marked against other dancers in your category. Uncontested Entries: Are scored against the standard of the level, in which you are entered, the score is then converted to a 1st, 2nd or 3rd placement. Please select one for each form. The decision of the judges shall be final. Our judges are highly qualified and are not to be harassed or questioned about their reasons for markings. The Chairman of Judges shall be responsible for decisions concerning ties or any problems arising over marks. The skating system of judging shall be used.
ON DECK AREA: Dancers are required to be in the “On Deck” area two heats prior to their scheduled heat. Any competitor not on the floor when the Master of Ceremonies calls, is subject to disqualification for that heat. Please be advised that changes may be made from the original program and all dancers should be in the ballroom at least 30 minutes prior to the time they are scheduled to dance.
LATE ENTRIES: Entries received after the deadlines are subject to a $100 late fee.
PAYMENTS: All payments received after the deadline must be by Cashier’s Check or Money Order. Personal or studio checks WILL NOT be accepted. Balance must be paid in full 2 weeks prior to the competition. CANCELLATIONS/REFUNDS: The deadline for cancellation refunds is three weeks prior to the event. If the organizers are notified after the deadline, credit towards next year will be considered only in case of an emergency and a doctor’s certificate is required. Any canceled entries are subject to a cancellation fee. Absolutely no refunds will be made at the event.
SEATING: Seating preferences will be based on package and receipt of entries and payment. Spectator seating will be based on when the paid order is received. Please note that we cannot accommodate seating separate orders together since the tickets are assigned when purchased.
VIDEOS: No personal video cameras will be allowed. Professionally produced videos and photographs will be available for purchase.
CHARGES: The organizer cannot be held responsible for any personal charges made to the hotel. All participants must pay for their own personal charges including phone and room service.